Join us in 2020! MaxSC Running Group-
Free for members,Friends and Family
What is the MaxSC Running Group? It’s a laid back running group designed to encourage cardio through walking, jogging, stair climbing or running.
Upon signing up, you will receive your first template, based off your answers in the questionnaire below.
Run or don’t run, it’s up to you and what you want to achieve.
Lack of accountability is one of the top reasons people fail to stick to an exercise program. While we aren't offering personal coaching, participants are encouraged to check in every week on the group FB page for some motivation and share feedback on safe places to run, great gear, and deals on fitness wear and races.
Go off the beaten track
Visit little known beautiful trails, and parks while you tap into your soul and do something great for your mind and body.
Meet new people with similar running skills to keep you company as you progress with your running distance and speed.
Run your 1st or 100th Race
Ready to take it up a notch? Game time. You are in charge of your success, whether it's sticking to a program, working on your speed or endurance, or crossing a finish line. Our group leaders are all avid racers and run races all over the US. If you are interested in running in your first 5k, 10k, half or full marathon, sign up today to get started planning your next journey.
MaxSC Run Club Q/A
Running group Rules
We are creating this group primarily for new runners in 2020 (will continue if there’s interest). If you not a new runner,we will have intermediate and advanced templates available, or will help you select an phone based app to help you with your goals.
- What is a “new” runner?
- Never ran before, alternates between walking and running (but wants to run more), took time off (returning) or just starting (within a year). Mile time is more than 20 minutes.
- What is the MaxSC Running group?
- This is a casual, and free club open to members and their friends/family to promote outdoor exercise year around. It is not competitive and there is no requirement for your to follow our templates.
- Will there be free training as well?
- This is not an official training program, you may seek semi-private training-either in person or in a downloadable format.
- What is the incentive of joining?
- We will be giving all runners a template designed by certified run coaches along with on-going online support to stick to your goals. The whole purpose of the Run group is to offer moral support to those who want to make a change in 2020.
- We will post discounted race codes for a variety of local races, along with running gear discount codes to all members on the FB Run group page.
- Will there be races?
- Depending on the number of members, we will host a few 5k, and 10ks over the course of 2020 in local parks. there are a lot of inexpensive races in the seattle area that we will have discount codes for.
- Will the races be timed?
- Yes, we will collect and share your time so you can use it to adjust your training or set new goals.
- Will the races be free?
- There will be a combination of free and charged races, depending on our fees to host to race.
- Will there be meet ups?
- Yes, we are planning to have local meet-ups over the course of 2020, and you are encourage to meet with other members for support and safety.
Stay in the group as long as you need it. Then ask what options there are to progress past the “new” stage of your running journey.