A Message From DJ- Boosting Your Immune System
At MaxSC, we want to make sure you stay healthy and competitive. It won’t help your team if you are sidelined due to illness, so we wanted to remind you that staying healthy has a lot to do with your immune system. There are many things you can do to help improve your body’s immune system to help fight off viruses, germs and disease. Here are some quick tips for you:
- Eat lots of immune-boosting foods and beverages like broccoli, red peppers, green tea, chamomile tea, sweet potatoes, ginger, and garlic.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. The body recovers while at rest, and uses that time to fight off infectious disease.
- Eat a wide variety of healthy foods from all food groups, especially ones rich in antioxidants –vitamins A, C, E, D and selenium, zinc, and beta carotene — that help immune cells work optimally.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise increases circulation of white blood cells, can flush out harmful bacteria from the lungs, and decreases stress hormones.
- Avoid processed foods and sweetened soft drinks. These can cause harmful inflammation in the body which is a breeding ground for sickness.
- Include probiotics in your diet. Yogurt and probiotic drinks such as Kombucha are easy ways to add healthy bacteria to your nutritional routine.
- Reduce stress levels. This can be done a variety of ways but one of the best is meditation and meditational breathing.